giovedì 29 ottobre 2009

How to cancel a Domain Transfer to Godaddy?

It happens that you start a Domain Transfer you can't complete, usually to me it happens at each godaddy bulk transfer promotion.

The domains usually I forgot that can't be transferred are the expired domains with whois privacy, so that you can't have the email to authorize the domain transfer and you can only renew at the actual registar.

Finding out alone how to cancel the order isn't easy, because the order isn't complete.

The point is cancelling the tranfer request in order to get the refund.

So let's write a little tutorial based on their support service answers so next time I'll remember:


1 Go to Godaddy homepage.
2 Now select 'My Account' from the top of the page and click "Domain Manager" from the "My Products" menu.
3 Select 'Pending Transfers' from the 'Domains' dropdown.
4 Check the box next to the domain(s) that you would like to cancel.
5 Click the 'Cancel Selected' button from the menu above.
6 Click 'Ok' to confirm the cancellation.


I taked about 10 min to found the "domains" dropdown.

Nessun commento: